Monday, November 22, 2010

According to George W. Bush, the Pressure of Being President Peaked in Yankee Stadium

From his interview on Fox News...

BUSH: Right. In this case, I was invited to come and throw out the pitch at Yankee stadium. I thought it was important for the president to come back to New York again as part of the healing process and as part of the process of letting New Yorkers know the rest of the country cared for them. For all the city had been through a lot.


DOOCY: Right.

BUSH: And I accepted the invitation. And I got to tell you, that was the most nerve-racking experience of my presidency. It's the most nervous moment of the presidency.

KILMEADE: When you were on the mound?

BUSH: Yes, absolutely. I was --

DOOCY: You were in a flak jacket, right?

BUSH: I was. But that's not what made me nervous. What made me nervous - - really made me nervous was Yankee captain Derek Jeter saying if you bounce it, they'll boo you. And I was thinking about that when I went out there.

I didn't want to bounce it and I got out on the mound and the ball felt like a shot put. I'm not kidding you. My adrenalin was pumping to the point where that ball felt so heavy. And Todd Green who was a catcher looked very small. And so thankfully I didn't bounce it.

DOOCY: Shortly after that, we went to war.

BUSH: Yes.

2 comments:

Stang said...

One more reason to pay Derek whatever he wants.

Senator Blutarsky said...

W throws a strike with a flak jacket on.

Obama throws like a girl, with Michelle's jeans on.

Keep up with the liberal rants. That and the lack of Sterling audio should get you the same number of hits as Keith Olbermann's blog -- i.e., blood relatives only, and not all of them.

It is sad to see how bad this site has deteriorated.