Thursday, May 12, 2011

Yes They Do !!

Do you believe it?


AJ lost his last time out after pitching 6 innings of no hit ball.

This time, he went 7 innings and gave up one hit.

The Yankees were 1-14 with RISP when I gave in and went to bed.

Once I saw Joe dialing up the formula that he always uses for games that are tied, late, at home, I checked out.

It is a formula that always winds up in a loss for the Yankees.

Always.

He brings in MO for the top of the ninth. MO does his job, usually in about 12 pitches. Then the Yankees fail to score in the home half.

Eventually, he can't stretch MO and further and the Yankees give up a run.

Since this team is not capable of overcoming an opponent's lead, the game is over.

In close games, Dave Robertson can always be counted on to walk a couple of runners, setting up the inevitable loss.

In close games, none of our .214 hitters can be counted on to get the big hit, setting up the eventual loss.

In close games, this Yankee team looks old and spent.

In close games, I want A-Rod to choke on that full bag of pumpkin seeds he keeps, like a squirrel preparing for winter, in each cheek.


4 comments:

el duque said...

I can't stand this Yankee team. Right now, if a Yankee hits a homerun... it just re-establishes the idea that we can't score without a dinger. I hate this team.

Keep me away from them. Don't let me near, for I fear what would happen were I to get my rage-fueled mitts around one of their dainty, homerun hitting throats.

JM said...

Five words: Old and in the way.

Will Girardi depart from the Torreism of not playing young guys unless he's forced to? Doesn't look like it.

He sticks with Old Reliable, and reliably loses.

Never thought I'd feel bad for AJ...

JM said...

No knock on Mariano intended in that last comment. He has special dispensation.

Alphonso said...

No knock on MO. In fact, he nearly always does his job. The failure is: the hitters don't score and when MO has to leave the game ( 2 innings max), some rube always blows it.

And the Yanks continue their hitting failures and we lose.

There is no science here. Joe is playing the odds that all managers would play. But it never works.

So I say; change the formula. Bring in anybody else for the 9th, then MO. Something different.

With this team, unfortunately, nothing matters.