Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Here Is The Plan......



Baseball in 2020 is going to look different.

Here are some of my ideas:

1.  There will be 60 games total, but that includes a lengthy playoff post-season.  All games will be broadcast on all networks, and streamed on Netflix and Amazon.  Live broadcasts will be beamed, free of charge, to all countries with fewer cases of Covid-19 than AMERICA.

2.  The thirty teams will be ranked according to the way they ended last season ( eg. The World Series' cheaters...Astros... are ranked number 1; team with worst record is ranked 30th, etc. ). 

 The season will be played like the tennis tournament at Wimbledon ( including the use of chair umpires ). 

3.  It is win or go home.  So every game is like " game seven."  Dice will be rolled to determine which is the home team.  

Beer and hot dogs will be free for all fans.  These will be delivered to the homes of all ticket holders  (as the stadiums will be empty ) within 2 days of the first pitch, by Insta-cart. 

Team Owners will fund the beverage and food costs, and pre-pay a 12% gratuity.  The exception is Hal Steinbrenner, who has insisted on a 5% gratuity maximum. 

4.  The surviving two teams will play a 29 game championship series ( first to win 15 is the winner,).  
Each championship game ( the " best of 29 series" ) will be played in a different MLB city, dates and locations to be drawn at random by the baseball commissioner. 

5.  The 2020 champs will be presented ( virtually) with a newly designed,  " Covid-based " memorial trophy. 

6.  There will be a permanent ICU created in Cooperstown, where that trophy will rest.

 Until the next pandemic. 




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHY AM I NOT HAPPY ABOUT PLAYING THIS YEAR?

I'M JUST NOT FEELING IT.

Oasisdave said...

Lol I'm sorry, I love my Yankees but honestly a 60 game season? Made up divisions, at this point does anyone really care? I say shut it down, move on and let's hope we can have a full season of baseball next year.

JM said...

I hear Dr Emu has signed with Liberty Mutual to appear with Doug during 7th-inning stretches in the shortened season.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.