Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Waiting...

It's like being Charlie Sheen in "Apocalypse Now."

I'm pacing the hotel room, eyeing the mirror, drunk, practicing judo chops until the glass shatters and the blood spills over me.

Every time, I think I'm gonna wake up back in that cloud of gnats. When I was home for the winter, it got worse. All I could think of was getting back into the stadium. I've been here two days now... getting softer. Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Manny squats in the bush, he gets stronger. Each time I look around, the walls move in a little tighter...

A mission... I need a mission...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's gonna rain again.

Have some beers.

Wailin' Suzyn said...

Sell the house. Sell the car. Sell the KIDS. I AIN'T NEVER COMING HOME.

Anonymous said...

The horror, Mr. Fonz. The horror.

Anonymous said...

It's not Charlie Sheen but rather Martin Sheen

Anonymous said...

It's not Charlie Sheen but rather Martin Sheen

Anonymous said...

Actually,it was Bishop Sheen.

Wailin' Suzyn said...

It's Charlie Sheen if we darn well say it is. Get it?!

It's like a diamond bullet heading straight between your eyes, bucko.

You're nuthin' but a delivery boy carrying messages!

(Read the above in a downpour as somebody passes past your desk and plops a head at your feet for the full effect.)