Friday, May 29, 2009

'Cuse v. 'Barre: Pictorial Expose Part II

Last night, we witnessed the Scranton-Wilkes Barre Yankees loss to Syracuse before a crowd of dozens.

We sat within lapdance distance of the Yank bullpen. They were well behaved and acted like fine young men. We didn't heckle or eavesdrop, in part because we don't speak Spanish. (More on our interactions in Part III.)




Maybe it's the human growth hormone I'm taking,
but I was struck by their tiny size.

Secondbaseman Reegie Corona went 1-5.
He's only batting .118.



Edwar Ramirez gave up 2 runs and 3 hits in an inning and two-thirds.
He won't return to NY until his change-up starts nipping corners.
(I should have told him this while sitting nearby. Language barrier.)

League HR leader Shelley Duncan went 2-4 with a double.
He deserves another shot with the Yanks.
He stood tall against Tampa for the cheap shot on Francisco Cervelli!
But he must stop chewing his fingers.
He spent the game chewing his fingers.



I foolishly let SuperFrankenstein hold the camera.
Now I understand the mirrors on his shoes.



1 comment:

Alibi Ike said...

I crush your head, bullpen boy! Crush crush crush crush!