Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tomko ruins night for Yankiverse

It was shaping up as a decent evening. No need for a Michael Jackson cocktail from my personal doctor. Though our lead only stood at 9, I felt confident in the eighth inning, especially with two outs.

So what happens? Tomko surrenders a single, a run scores, the margin is chopped to eight, and I'm back to pacing the floor with the loaded Luger in my mouth. Yes, I'm facing another white-knuckled night and no sleep.

Then, to top it off, in the 9th, Eric Hinkse cannot deliver with a runner on first, our last shot at restoring a comfortable nine-run lead, or maybe even pulling double-digits.

Wrecks the night. These games against Minnesota are pure torture. Thank God they're making Genny Cream Ale again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's time to ship Tomko & Hinkse & Joba & the two Phils to Toronto for Doc Halladay!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Genny Ice, for that little bit extra.