Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Back from Two fun Events



Hello derelicts and other friends….

I've been eating corn dogs in Iowa and caucusing in grange halls.  My favorite candidate is a scarecrow I found in a corn dog field, dressed like Ted Cruz, but listing a bit, like Chris Cristy. As an aside, I thought he would do well in Iowa because his name, strictly translated, is " Christ Christ.

Seriously, Iowa is wrong again, folks.  No one they " elected" ( there is nothing firm about the delegates, even after caucus ) is going to be President.  You can write that one down.

 Those evangelicals may know a lot about the " end of times," but they just don't have a clue about what is going on in this country, much less Nebraska.

Here's what I learned;  there are innumerable, great watering holes in Iowa.

I also timed things so that I could also attend media day at the pro bowl. Who ever imagined such a day? I heard such insights as; where the best three card monty game could be found, and turnovers often determine the outcome of a game.  You can't pay for insights such as these.  Seriously, these
player ( and coach, and GM, and owner ) interviews are like re-reading cheat sheets you used in high school, twenty years later.  Why do they bother?  Why are they permitted to speak or, in Iowa's case, why are they permitted to decide anything for anyone?

Columbus discovered America in 1492……Rivers can flood if it rains too long….You have mustard on your coveralls….

But I digress.  I have just returned to the land of the sober ( Duque and I got into it for a while in a place that shall remain unnamed ) only to discover that I have no reason, whatsoever, to watch the Yankees.

Greg Bird is already done and dusted?  And Texiera and Beltran are healthy?  I hope Greg blew out his shoulder in a fight, at least.  Does anyone have the story?  I am not caught up, due to confinement in a space without reliable WIFI, for a spell.

Can Refsnyder play first?

Seriously, WTF?  I will not watch a bunch of overweight, slow-witted, over-the-hill dummies pretending that they have a clue.

I just returned from Iowa and the pro bowl for Christ sakes.




6 comments:

I'm Bill White said...

Welcome home.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Fonzie,

Nice to see you back. I was afraid something bad had happened to you.

One question. How do you arrange a flight between Honolulu and Des Moines? Maybe a private jet from one of your good buds with a bad toupee?

Inquiring minds and all.

Plus, did media day include my favorite local performer, Miss LuLu Divine? If so, I want pictures posted ASAP.

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK....I HAVE TAKEN OVER AS MR. NEGATIVE IN YOUR ABSENCE, ALTHOUGH I DON'T WISH TOO.... IT PURELY COMES FROM THE INNER RAGE THAT UPPER MANAGEMENT IS CAUSING THESE DAYS...... WELCOME BACK.

Alphonso said...

Love you guys.

I took Trump's plane to the pro bowl, but I had to give him my corn dogs.

Rufus said...

Was LuLu at media day?

Were you coherent at media day?

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.