Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Feisty Food Stamps Steinbrenner has Yankees tweeting like it's October

You'll be excited to know that the Yankees traded snarky Twitter barbs yesterday with the Redsocks and Cubs.

Some websites say we got the best of them in the tweetwar. I cannot verify this, mostly because I could not bring myself to read the reports. I tried. I clicked on the site, but after reading the opening paragraph, I felt chest pains. When I clicked away, the diminished. I was afraid to go back.

This is a lost time of winter... a lost time of a lost, lost winter. The big baseball news yesterday - aside from the Yankees' great triumph on Twitter - was that two Cuban stars have run northward to play in America. This was the kind of news that used to excite Yankee fans, because the ownership was always interested in international talent. But yesterday's news simply meant that two other teams - possibly in our division - will sign players, while Food Stamps sits on the sidelines, counting his money.

But chin up, everybody. We won the day. Twitter War over. Yankees tweeted. Thuuuuuuuh Yankees tweeted.

3 comments:

KD said...

If only the Trumpster would buy the Yankees. We would crush all opponents. as long as it's a twitter war, that is.

Anonymous said...

I HAD THE SAME REACTION WHEN I READ ABOUT THE TWITTER WAR..... ARE WE FUCKING KIDDING??? ..... ONCE AGAIN, I'M DISGUSTED, AND EMBARRASSED..... I HATE THIS SHIT.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.