Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pip-pip from the UK, Mates: Blimey! I hear we won 2 of 3. Jolly Good!

Hello from 'cross the "pond!"

We must be doing well. Everybody calls me a Yank. Nobody has called me a Redsock.

Trouble in Paradise: USA Today only prints scores, no boxes. Thus, I know we lost horribly, 9-2, to Mannytown. I assume that Sidney was pitching? I don't want to look it up. Did he singlehandedly destroy our mojo? Was it like the last time Sir Sid hurled against the Redsocks, when he was pitched overboard the following day?

Off to mysterious Stonehenge. Did you know it holds 56 original holes? That's the number of games that Joe D hit in consecutively! Anybody think it's, as Tarzan John would say, "a co-ink-i-dink?") No way. There's something going on. The DiMaggio Code.

Oh, well, cheerio, mates. I've got to throw some shrimp on the barbie. (Wait a minute. Is that Australia?)

No comments: