Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Settling In For The Game


I just edged out some fat guy from Georgia for my favorite barstool at Docs, on Third Avenue between 40th and 41st.


It is still raining in fits and starts, but the game is 2 hours off ( at minimum ).

I am hoping that Bern Baby doesn't get rained out, given that he bicycled all the way down to the Bronx from Syracuse today.

He has good Karma for us from the time he last saw Andy start a playoff game in person, just before WWII ended.

I have ordered my first plate of bluepoints and a triple shot of Crown Royal straight up.

This is my pre-game warm-up.

Let's go Yanks.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO... it was just postponed...

Anonymous said...

Im watching you fat man.

Anonymous said...

Fuck off fat man. You're nothing but a downer on all Yanks fan hopes. If it weren't for you and coal-fueled power plants there would be a game tonight.

Then again if it were up to you the Angels would win.

Alph upon waking and reading said...

A have a slight pauch, maybe. But I'm not fat.

Did the Yanks win?