Saturday, October 24, 2009

I'm off to New York for Game 6 ...



13 years ago today, I was in Fulton County Stadium in Atlanta, way up in right field, watching the Yankees take on the Braves in Game 5 of the 1996 World Series. It was the first and, until today, the only post-season game I've even been to.

I watched a kid named Andy Pettitte toss a brilliant game, outdueling John Smoltz, 1-0. Amazing, amazing, amazing.

Now, today, I head to New York for the first post-season game I'm ever watching in Yankee Stadium, to see a vet named Andy Pettitte try to get the Yanks to the World Series.

So, Andy ... you got one more gem for me to see today? Nothing would make me happier.

I'm off to NY.





... (it better not get frickin' postponed, all right? Bud Selig, I'm begging you, let those folks kayak around the damn bases, but PLAY THE GAME TODAY!)

No comments: