Sunday, November 8, 2009

Letter to the Editor: A learning experience


San Gabriel Valley Tribune (California)
November 6, 2009

We watched the Angels play the Yankees during the ALCS from New York and the announcers, probably homers, kept us up to date with the score of a professional New York football team game being played at the same time, as if we should care.

My wife and I didn't tune in to hear eastern football scores. They must feel back there that everyone cares.

There was one thing I've learned watching the Angels win an American League championship this year. Now, when we have a good day, my wife and I pour beer and champagne on each other's heads. Yes, I learned this from the Angels.

Paul R. Gotts
Whittier

1 comment:

michael kei said...

Yeah, I don't think football should be flung in the face of baseball's postseason. I'll pay attention after the Yanks win. And was this guy slamming bottles of Robitussin? The Angels won?