Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Deep within the heart of last night's laugher, John unveiled two new home run calls

Commenter J. Lam caught them. Considering how rare they might be, this might have been the baseball equivalent of spotting a red-crowned crane.


Lyle Overbay: "Lyle hits it a mile."

Brennan Boesch: "BB... it's a BB! Boesch... by gosh."

Of the newest Yankees, we still await Ben Francisco.

My hopes: "Home run... a Roni! The Ben Francisco treat!"

Or: "I've left my heart with Ben Francisco!"

2 comments:

J. Lam said...

Thanks for mentioning me! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Or maybe that's from the pain killers they gave me after surgery. Thanks either way!

Anonymous said...

He said it! Not the Roni part, but he said it!