Saturday, April 7, 2018

When The DL Registers " Overload"....

.........You get a do-over.

You get a chance to re-consider the projection you made for team wins, before the first ball was struck or, in the case of the Yankees, " missed."

So, for those of you who felt pressured or giddy with joy and optimism before the bell rang, here is your chance to apply some reason:



Simply hit the re-set button, above, and re-submit your new forecasts for the season.  The first prize of the shiny automobile replica still holds.

This almost never happens, either in this blog or in baseball.

But, due to an early crop and shipment of unsliced and uncut pineapples, the Yankees are able to make this special offer.

Personally, I am staying with my prediction of 89 wins.

But some of you may wish to re-set, say, to 82.

Thereby holding on to the .500 season the team has thus far fashioned against the " lower end" of the division.

Some of you may also realize that the farm system has already been gutted.  That wade is a good glove and a ground out to first, that Andjuhar can't hit anymore, and that Jake Cave was dealt for dishwater.

This is your one and only chance.

Truthfully, this re-set option has not been cleared by our optimistic leader, Mr. Duque.  He may feel it falls into the category of " social media tampering."

This option was suggested by Dr. Andrews, whom we all admire and respect.

We are doing it for the players in the hospitable, or about to be.


8 comments:

Vampifella said...

Is too early for a fire sale for future prospects? I don't want to see the team empty the minor leagues for crap under-the-budget players whom won't really improve the team.

Leinstery said...

How many from the bullpen end up on the DL after today? Sonny "4 and a third" Gray hits the mound and we'll need around 5 innings from an already exhausted bullpen.

Anonymous said...

OK Alphonso, I will take up your offer.

I was at 96 wins I believe so now I will adjust down to OWWWWWWWW. Crap. I just sprained my typing finger! Son of a OWWWWWW. Now I have to go on the 30 day commenting DL. This season sucks!

Doug K.

Urban Farmer formerly known as DutchFan said...

A Mulligan on knowledge.
A baseball predictability kindergarten. Or something like that.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

I'm sticking with prediction of 64 wins (in Hexadecimal).

Call me an optimist...

Urban Farmer formerly known as DutchFan said...

Mr Rufus T. Firefly, you are one optimist

HoraceClarke66 said...

"Slave, I have staked my life upon a cast,
And I will stand the hazard of the die."

I appreciate the second chance, Alphonso. But in all fairness, my ludicrously optimistic prediction was based in good part on how much depth the team seemed to have. So...how can I in good conscience bail out now?

I stick with my original pick: 112 wins.

Which I know they will not attain, and which—more importantly—I realize has brought the fury of the JuJu gods down upon us. But I will soon try a little something to get the curse of ODUMODU off us. In the meantime...go Yanks!

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.