Sunday, April 1, 2018

ODUMODU Don't Surf!

But...Toronto still seems to be ODUMODU's Point, sad to say.

I swear, if we had played there one more day, there wouldn't have been enough of a team left to sweep up and mail back to the Bronx.

Four days, four serious injuries, two of them possibly career-ending—if you count Toonces' brain flatlining (and we should). We leave with two defeats and all our good JuJu circling the drain.

Beyond the injuries, Alphonso, I have to admit that every single critique you had of this team was spot on.

Nobody we have can pitch seven innings. The bullpen is as mediocre as we feared, deep down, that it really was.

The hitters seem incapable of doing anything but striking out or hitting long, lazy flyballs.

No more swinging strikeouts for Judge. He now seems to have hit upon a new strategy of simply standing there and taking pitches, no matter what the count, or where the ball is. Wonder what genius in the Yankees braintrust taught him that.

Good teams win series, one at a time. Good teams don't lose to rag-and-bone collections like the Blue Jays—not after beating their two best pitchers.

Shows me what I get for being optimistic for once in my life. It offends the JuJu gods.

I am off to Washington to sacrifice a goat. Maybe I'll get lucky and the Nationals will be in town, and I can scout Bryce Harper.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record, F*CK Oh-No-Moo-Moo!! He's just a fourth-rate Yankee-hater.

Please drain the swamp while you're in DC, Hoss...Pretty please... LB (No J)

Joe of AZ said...

I really don't know what to think about Boone..... I think we're gonna miss Giradi "managing every game like game 7".... You know binders would not have let Robertson walk Donaldson to face smoak who was like 10 for 10 at that point -_-

Anonymous said...

I HAVE TO ADMIT, I WANTED TO WALK DONALDSON (HE KILLS US, AND HE IS CLUTCH).

I NEVER WANT TO FACE A TEAMS BEST CLUTCH HITTER WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE.

THE PROBLEM IS, NOW SMOAK IS KILLING US TOO THE LAST COUPLE YEARS.

PROBLEM WAS D-RO TRIED THE FASTBALL WHEN HE SHOULD HAVE KEPT PUMPING SLIDERS UNTIL THE AT-BAT WAS OVER. (IT'S HIS BEST PITCH).

BOTTOM LINE?

1.) WE ONLY GOT 5 HITS...(CAN'T REALLY EXPECT TO WIN WITH THAT).

2.) OUR STARTERS CAN'T KEEP GIVING US JUST 5 INNINGS OR LESS. (YOU CAN'T EXPECT TO WIN GAMES CONSISTENTLY WHEN YOU USE THE BULLPEN FOR 4 FULL INNINGS OR MORE).
SOMEONE WILL BE OFF. (LIKE TODAY WITH KAHNLE).

ON THE GOOD SIDE:

1.) I KNOW IT'S A TINY SAMPLE SIZE, BUT THIS DRURY LOOKS REAL GOOD. GOOD STANCE, GOOD SWING, HAS POP, AND GOES TO ALL FIELDS. HE EVEN LOOKS PRETTY GOOD IN THE FIELD.

2.) CHAD GREEN KEEPS THROWING ZEROS ON THE BOARD AND TEAMS KEEP MISSING HIS FASTBALL LIKE LAST SEASON.... THAT'S A GREAT SIGN.

LETS GO GET 'EM TOMORROW ON OPENING DAY.

Anonymous said...

Nearly flawless, all-caps, except that Donaldson has a very sore shoulder, which appears to affect his swing (though not his judgment at the plate)...but Smoakie, as you said, was on fire - - thus, I still think that walking Donaldson was, in THIS instance, a 100 percent bonehead move. LB (No J)

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.