Monday, August 17, 2020

Virtual Baseball: Happ Pitches Well But Gets White-Socked. Moncada Pulls It Out for ChiSox. So Much for First Place!

by HoraceClarke666 

 The virtual J.A. Happ showed signs of being his early-season self again, holding the Pale Hose to just three hits in six innings.  But they included a two-run homer from the seemingly invincible Yoan Moncada, whose ninth inning blast off Aroldis “Cool Hand” Chapman pulled out a 4-3 victory for the Second City’s second-favorite team.

The Yanks led most of the way, thanks to home runs by D.J. LeMahieu, Mike Ford, and Clint Frazier.  But with one out in the ninth and Nicky “The Head Waiter” Delmonico on first, Moncada took Chapman deep, and made a winner out of Dylan Cease “And Desist,” who threw a rare complete game for the Colorless Stockings.

“You know, there are some people who say we should have signed Yoan Moncada,” manager Ma Boone remarked after the game. 

The lost series put the Yanks back in second place again, just a game behind the Tampa “Won’t Go Away” Rays, with a big showdown series in the Stadium this week.

1 comment:

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.