Saturday, August 8, 2020

April, 1936: DiMaggio, Dickey Sent Down. Yanks Promote Jumbo Brown, Kemp Wicker.

(Written by HoraceClarke666)

 
Yankees' general manager Ed Barrow announced today that new center fielder Joe DiMaggio and catcher
Bill Dickey would be sent down to the Newark Bears, so the team could bring up pitchers Jumbo Brown andKemp Wicker.  

"DiMaggio will be a fine player for us—one day.  But he's injured again, and what he really needs right now is to get some International League at-bats," Barrow told reporters. "And Dickey has had some
fine seasons. But he had an off-year in 1935, and he's been bit by the injury bug of late, too.  I think both
these players could do with some steady playing time."

In their stead, the Yanks announced they have called up pitchers Jumbo Brown and Kemp Wicker.  Barrow reminded reporters that Brown had won six games for the Bombers last year, including a shutout.  He is convinced that Brown has his weight problem under control.

"I am confident that he now weighs less than 300 pounds," said Barrow.

Wicker, though a rookie, is already a canny veteran at 29, and Barrow is hopeful that he can give the Yanks' staff some badly needed innings.

"Look, bottom line, in today's game we need pitching," said Barrow.  "And don't forget, we've got Myril Hoag to play center, and Arndt Jorgens is a terrific catcher.  We'll be fine."

3 comments:

JM said...

Genius. Just fucking genius.

Standing O, Hoss.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Thanks, man!

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.