Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Virtual Baseball: Cole Train Derailed! Gleyber Glitch Gives Gift to the ChiSox.

(SUBMITTED ON BEHALF OF HORACECLARKE66'S COMPUTER. GET WELL SOON.

Gerrit Cole suffered a rare loss tonight as the Yanks returned to Virtual Yankee Stadium.  Cole pitched well enough, striking out 10 and allowing only four hits.  But with one out in the seventh, a grounder to short by catcher Yasmani Rice Grandal that looked like a sure double-play ball was booted into right field by Torres.

Yoan Moncada, the young infielder whose services the Yanks were juuuust beaten out for, then launched a rocket into the upper deck in left field.

Moncada's Space X blast turned a 3-1 Yankees lead into a 4-3 advantage for the Pale Hose, and the Chalky Stockings then added another pair off Yankees reliever Luis Cessa on a long home run by Jose Abreu, the longtime first baseman of the Milky Footwear.

The Yanks tried to rally, on home runs by Mike Ford and Gio Urshela, who had already homered earlier, but a magnificent stab of a Miguel Andujar line drive at third by Moncada, snuffed out the insurrection, and the Snowy Toe Warmers held on for a 6-5 win.  

Afterwards, Torres swore that he would try never to make an error again. 

3 comments:

TheWinWarblist said...

Snowy Toe Warmers? I hate those guys!!

TheWinWarblist said...

Hoss on the computer IL? Never! Still phoning it in like a true professional!

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.