Monday, January 12, 2015

How did Steiner Collectibles miss this?

(Via Reddit) This is being sold on Craigslist.

Says the seller:

Derek was giving and generous and I've charished this basket for more than a decade. After I removed all the luxury items it's been used to hold towels and fresh rolls of toilet paper. This item is sold as is where is. I don't have a c.o.a. but can describe every inch of Derek as a way of proof if needed.

Basically, I think the $1,950 gets you the description. 


KD said...

Given Derek's acumen with the ladies, this is surely too common an item to warrant so much dough.

Consider also that there's a sucker born every minute. Given Derek's level of fame and fortune, there's probably 5 or 10 born every minute that'd be up to the task. I think The Captain probably gave baskets out to almost all of them.

Local Bargain Jerk said...

Dear Seller:

Before I consider plunking down $1,950, please let me know: Did his performance feature a sort of inside-out Jeterian stroke?

Anonymous said...


Congrats IIH, IIF, IIc - the greatest comment in the history of the interwebs was just left on this web blog at 11:49 am

I am still laughing. Well played, Jerk, well played

Mustang said...

Local Bargain Jerk, you win the gift basket.

John M said...

Jeter has scoffed at the very idea that he would give gift baskets, that it was ridiculous, absurd and preposterous.

Which means Local Bargain Jerk has himself something worth a pret-ty penny here.