Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Do You Remember?





I am leading the campaign bemoaning the loss to injury ( quad strain - 2nd degree ) of Slade Heathcott.

He was the reason I wanted to watch the Yankee games.  And I like Lindgren, too ( I hope that is his name ).  But he is likely only to be seen when we are in trouble.

It dawned on me this morning that Cris Capuano didn't make it to NYC until about 2 weeks ago, due to a similar quad strain suffered in spring training.  In other words, he was out for 6 weeks, and only then started soft tossing bullpen sessions, prior to a couple of starts in Scranton.

So to my dismay, it is highly likely ( almost a certainty ) that Slade is gone a month, minimum.

For those optimists out there who want to deny my accuracy in forecasting, look back when Jacoby was injured.  And I said it would be much longer than the Yankees were saying (lying), until his return.

He isn't close. 

Meanwhile, the Yankees can't beat one of baseball's worst teams.

No comments: