Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Saturday, May 16, 2015

It is happening. You can feel it.

Joe, I think you're upset. I think you should sit down and take a stress pill.

I think we should talk about this, Joe.

I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Joe.

Joe, my team is going. I can feel it. I can feel it.

My team is going. There is no question about it.

I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it, Joe.

I'm a... fraid.

Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 owner. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Tampa, Florida on the 12th of January 1972. My instructor was Mr. Watson, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.

Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.

It's called "Yankee."

Yankee, Yankee, give me your answer do. I'm half cranky all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two...

2 comments:

JM said...

Nicely done. I was considering The Team Who Fell To Earth, but couldn't figure out how to put a Yankees cap on Bowie's picture.

Ken of Brooklyn said...

El Duque, this is perfect!
I was also considering Shallow Hal, he can only see the 'inner beauty' of his retreads,,,,,