Monday, September 3, 2018

Tomato cans 4, Yankees 3

The worst part is the potential season-ending, knock-out gauntlet: Our last seven games are against the Rays and Redsocks - in Tampa and Boston.

Those games weren't supposed to matter, unless we were chasing down the hapless, crumbling Redsocks. By then, we would have clinched the Wild Card and be letting the scrubs compete for the playoff roster. Now, I can already hear myself yelling on September 25...

Wake up, Yankees, I think I got something to say to you. It's late September, and I really should be playing through. You know, you keep us amused, but I feel we're being used. Oh, Yankees we couldn't have cried, any more-or-or! 

Today, the only solid part of the Yankee franchise is its excuses. We have ours mapped out. Injuries! Dagnabbit! If not for them pesky injuries, we'd be battling Boston to the end...

Three out of seven, against two of the worst teams in creation, at home.

Now, we play Oakland and Seattle, on the west coast, with both teams within sniffing distance of the most horrendous Yankee meltdown since 2004. And the Redsocks, with six games left, and even crazy old Buck Showalter - with three - could knock us out, once and for all, in that last week of September. The Rays already have our number, and they're the hottest team in baseball. 

Who is going to step forward for the Yankees, when they can't even beat the worst of their league? 

The tomato cans won... that is, unless we are a tomato can.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to up my morning marijuana dosing before reading this. This just gave me anxiety

13bit said...

Bad week to stop smoking crack.

Anonymous said...

Duque,

Because I post under anonymous I can't add graphics. But if I could I would take the Campbell's soup can, add the Yankee logo to it and run it through this...

http://www.warholizer.com/

Perhaps someone with art skills, time, inclination, and posting privilege would care to do it.

Or not.

Doug K.

thecontrarian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thecontrarian said...

I screwed up the first one.

Yankee Tomato Can Warholized

I don't think you can directly add graphics to Blogger comments. But hey, I had the time, skill and inclination. Love a challenge.

thecontrarian said...

Oh and you can have the original if you like.

NYY Tomato Can

You're welcome.

TheWinWarblist said...

I don't want to discuss this any longer.

Anonymous said...

Aw, toughen up a bit, Warblist - - alternatively, find something better to smoke.

Kudos from an even older AND poorer player, apoorplayer! Superlative effort.

Duque, if we are not already a tomato-can, I fear we soon will be. LB (No J)

Anonymous said...

apoorplayer,

Thank you. Those are both great and, sadly, apropos.

Doug K.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.