Friday, October 16, 2020

Virtual Baseball: Melting Chapman Dribbles Away Lead! Yanks One Game from Elimination! Sanchez Down for the Count!

From the desk of HoraceClarke66...

The virtual New York Yankees looked to be in the virtual driver’s seat, leading the Chicago White Sox by 6-3 headed into the ninth inning at FlipPhone Field in the City of Broad Shoulders.

 Long home runs by Gary Sanchez, Miguel Andujar, and Luke Voit had backed a—yes—gutsy, five-inning stint by Masahiro Tanaka, followed by scintillating relief efforts from Chad Green and Zack(h) Britton. Then came Chappie.

 

His flukishly frozen, left hand melting so precipitously that the home late ump threatened to throw him out of the game for throwing spitballs, Chapman hit Tim Anderson and Yoan Moncada with pitches, then allowed a massive, game-tying home run to Jose Abreu.

 

Chapman then managed to get two outs, around walking two and hitting a third batter to load the bases. With the bags full, and the count 2-2 to Elroy Jimenez, Chapman uncorked a wild pitch that bounced in front of the plate and dribbled a few feet behind Sanchez.

 

Retrieving the ball, and seeing Chapman only just breaking from the mound, Sancho dived for home plate himself—only to bang head-on into pinch-runner and 1930s film star, Nicky Delmonico. 

 

As Sanchez was knocked cold, the ball rolled away, and Delmonico scored the winning run.

 

“Sure, that was a tough way to lose a game,” Ma Boone told the press corps, chewing on the end of an unlit stogie. “Our closer is literally melting. Our starting catcher is hurt. We don’t have our DH. Why, we’re coming in on a wing and a prayer, with half our engines out! Do you think we can make it? I dunno. But I do know this: we’re headed back to New York, New York.  The town so nice, they named it twice.”

2 comments:

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.

Nitish Kumar said...

LOTTO, lottery,jackpot.
Hello all my viewers, I am very happy for sharing this great testimonies,The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how I win the lottery euro million mega jackpot. I am a Woman who believe that one day I will win the lottery. finally my dreams came through when I email believelovespelltemple@gmail.com and tell him I need the lottery numbers. I have spend so much money on ticket just to make sure I win. But I never know that winning was so easy until the day I meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, . so I decide to give it a try.I contacted this great Dr Believe and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws were out I was among winners. I win 30,000 million Dollar. Dr Believe truly you are the best, all thanks to you forever