Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Monday, October 26, 2020

Virtual World Series: DeGrom is Delightful, He's Delicious, He's De-lovely...He's De-ath on De Yankees. Pence Declares Self "President for Now," Calls Off Search for First Family.

Jacob deGrom sent the virtual New York Mets buzzing out of Flushing with a commanding 3-2 lead in the World Series, shooting down the Bombers with a little help from the ex-Yankees Trio of Wilson, Shreve, and Toonces.

Virtual Yankees starter Masahiro Tanaka gave it all he had, nearly leaving assorted parts of his arm literally on the mound. But Tanaka gave up long home runs to the Polar Bear and the Jogging Man that gave the Mets a 3-0 lead they never quite surrendered.

A home run by Aaron Hicks that hit the overhang in rightfield got the Yankees on the board, but that was all she wrote. A tiring deGrom walked two batters with two outs in the sixth, but Wilson came in to fan the mysteriously playing Mike Ford. 

Shreve picked up Wilson in the seventh, fanning The Gleyber to end the inning with two on, then Betances K'd Voit to end the eighth, and finished off the ninth by fanning Gary Sanchez with the bases loaded to end the game, much to the surprise of everyone who had admired the Sanchino's revived slugging this season.  

"You know you're really en fuego when you can get Gary Sanchez out in a big, clutch situation," virtual Ma Boone said after the game. "Sometimes you just have to tip your cap and call Dellin your former-head-case-whacko-turned-Mets-closer."

In other news, Mike Pence refused to invoke the 25th Amendment to certify his succession today, telling reporters, "Let's just call me, 'President for Right Now.'"

P.F.R.N. Pence also confirmed that the search for President Trump, his family, and most of the executive branch had been called off.

"Hey, people go missing sometimes. What're you gonna do? They're adults, they'll find their way home. Now, who wants fried oysters?" asked Pence, commencing one of the more popular features of his daily press conferences.  

3 comments:

13bit said...

I sense an appearance soon from the "Man of Wisdom..."

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.

Nitish Kumar said...

LOTTO, lottery,jackpot.
Hello all my viewers, I am very happy for sharing this great testimonies,The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how I win the lottery euro million mega jackpot. I am a Woman who believe that one day I will win the lottery. finally my dreams came through when I email believelovespelltemple@gmail.com and tell him I need the lottery numbers. I have spend so much money on ticket just to make sure I win. But I never know that winning was so easy until the day I meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, . so I decide to give it a try.I contacted this great Dr Believe and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws were out I was among winners. I win 30,000 million Dollar. Dr Believe truly you are the best, all thanks to you forever