Sunday, December 6, 2009

Letter to the Editor: World at War... Buffalo, angry Buffalo


Buffalo News (New York)
November 29, 2009 Sunday

Dear Editor

After reading recent letters concerning the Yankees' latest World Series title, I would like to state that no I don't think they cheated. But I do have this to say. The Yankees have not been to the Series in a while and even longer since they won it.

Last year with their "home grown" players, minus A-Rod and Damon of course, I don't believe they made the playoffs. This year, after spending over $420 million for just three players, including one of the best pitchers and one of the best every day players, they win the Series. Did they buy the title?

I won't answer. But I will say this. I seriously doubt that cities like Milwaukee, Detroit, or Cincinnati would be able to make outlandish offers like that. Is that fair? Not for me to say. Yes I am an avid Yankees watcher, but I also hate the American League since they started playing Sunday, beer league baseball.

Kevin Poyfair

Newfane

No comments: