Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm Getting Smaller and So Are the Yankees

Why in the world are we signing throw-away players who all have the

following characteristics;

1. They are 36 years old, or will be, by game time.
2. They can't hit for power or in the clutch.
3. They can't hit both lefties and righties ( pick one only and hit .262 ).
4. They once were considered good, average role players.
5. Now, they are gap-fillers for a good softball league.
6. They have no good years left. Maybe a good week.
7. They only need $2 million to sign with us. Their true value is $1.50.
8. Many of them once had speed.
9. Nick Johnson is faster than they are now.

I'll give you a full read on this brewing disaster of a season when I see these geriatrics live in Tampa. And I promise to be well lubricated while making my notes.

Is anyone actually pleased with anything the Yankees have done this off-season?

And don't give me some song about how we got Granderson. We paid a king's ransome.
Does anyone believe we are better off with Winn than Damon?
How is Posada going to get any rest at age 39 ( though still faster than Winn)?

I'm telling you, we are headed right off a cliff in 2010.

No comments: