As Hal and Hank sit across the table from Brian, they look aggressively to the future.
"In summary, then," offers Hal ( at left ) "we have already made the following moves to strengthen the franchise in 2014" :
1. Re- signed Joe to 4 more years
2. Just re-signed Larry Rothschild
3. Are looking at Robbie and $300-$600 million for 10 years
4. Have our eyes on Carlos Beltran, soon to be 39, for 3 years
5. Now like the idea of Joe Nathan ( already 39 ) as our new closer
"Exactly," says Hank. " Dad would be proud. What's for dinner?"
These eyes are blind to reality.
This is not what the Yankees need.
This is not what the fans want.
This is change for the worse.