Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Friday, November 6, 2015

In my wildest dreams, the worst Yankee move I can imagine

Signing Yoenis Cespedes.

He's been on four teams in two years. After a red-hot first month, he tanked with the Mets. He would demand a huge contract, a guaranteed millstone. We would become the team of 1,500 strikeouts.

On Ken Rosenthal's write-up of post-season moves, his lone mention of the Yankees is as being possible bidders on Cespedes.

Not Price, not Greinke, not the 24-year-old pitcher from Cuba, not as sellers, not as traders... the lone mention:

Possible bidders on Cespedes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The full implication of what is written there is that Cespedes is screwed because even the Yankees are probably out on him.

Can you read?

el duque said...

Not when I see "Cespedes" and "Yankees" in the same sentence. I seize up.

Anonymous said...

WE ARE BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE...WE NEED RIGHT HANDED HITTING, BUT CESPEDES IS REALLY NOT IDEAL, NOR IS UPTON...(THE MORE I THINK ABOUT IT, THE MORE I DO NOT WANT UPTON)...I MEAN, HE HIT JUST .251!!!..SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER GUY WHO COMES TO US, AND WINDS UP HITTING .230....PLUS I HAVE HEARD HE GOES INTO HORRID SKIDS....I RATHER PROMOTE AARON JUDGE AFTER A HOT STRETCH IN TRIPLE A.....HE'S OURS, AND HE'S PRACTICALLY FREE...SAME AS REFSNYDER WAS LAST YEAR, AS HE IS THIS YEAR....LETS GET ON WITH OUR FUTURE...LETS CALL THESE KIDS UP...THE FANS WILL LOVE IT, THEY ARE BOTH RIGHT HANDED HITTERS, WHICH WE NEED, AND THEY WON'T COST US ANYTHING...

jdrny said...

Absolutely. Get the kids in the lineup.

Whoops sorry , watch out. Utley became a free agent. Another.230 old guy past his prime.

Anonymous said...

OH GOD, UTLEY!...LOL

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.