Sunday, November 22, 2020

It's Sunday, so everybody - (yawn) - is unveiling their master plans to save the Yankees.

Aside from streaking sparks across the night sky, it looks as though nothing will happen before Thanksgiving. No move to keep D.J. LeMahieu, or to discard Gary Sanchez. 

In a normal November, the Yankiverse would be quiet, peaceful... Calgon.  But I'm not feeling it. Nope. The place remains a brooding, boiling, fuming IBS Lady full of open questions from bloggers who should be spreading global conspiracies. Today's links are a hobbled hike through zombie county. Questions. Consider:

Should the Yankees trade Gleyber Torres for Francisco Lindor? Better question: Do posts that ask questions generate clicks? I believe they do.  Still, as a literary tool, I prefer crisp, one-word sentences separated by periods. And as for the question? No. We. Should. Not. Trade. Gleyber.

Do the Yankees have enough pitching to win in 2021? Good question. Here's another. Does anybody have enough pitching? In this debate, I feel a creepy sense of deja vu. Have we not visited this place before? Did we somehow, in our vast traveling circus of Yankee discourse, forget to ask this question? If so, I apologize. And I would suggest that, no, we do not have enough pitching. Without Tanaka, Happ and Paxton, and with Severino tweaking himself when he sneezes, we need pitching. But. That's. Just. Me. I. Guess.

Could Brooks Kriske be a late-inning weapon for the Yankee bullpen? Aside from the fact that bullpen pitchers, in my opinion, do not qualify as "weapons" - (they cannot supply offense) - I would say that, yes, Brooks Kriske - whoever the fuck that is - could be. Actually, Kriske is a minor-league arm, the type that was supposed to save our asses in 2020, but who stayed in Scranton because - who knows - maybe they like gravy fries? But yes, yes, YES, he could be. You know what he needs? I'm going out on a limb here, but I'd bet Kriske needs... command. Yep, if he develops command, he can definitely be a late-inning axe, or mace, or hacksaw... whatever.

The Yankees will NOT let LeMahieu go to the Mets. Ah, an answer instead of a question, courtesy of Billy Madden - holy crap, he's still manning the barricades at the Daily News! Let's wish him well. Madden predicts the Death Barge will keep its best player, at least from the clutches of the Mets, because new owner Steve Cohen wants to win a pennant more than bugger Food Stamps Hal Steinbrenner. (Also, and you read it here first, the two owners are secret lovers.) The Mets will sign George Springer, Trevor Bauer and/or J.T. Realmuto - but let us have D.J. Why do I have a sinking feeling about this?

The Leonid meteor showers are continuing. Best show in this pandemic. They peaked last week, but the action goes until the end of November. Up to 15 meteors per hour. We won't see them like this again in our lifetimes. (Hmm, for that reason, should we rename them the Mariano meteor showers? Wait. A question. I should have headlined that!)

4 comments:

HoraceClarke66 said...

Nice tribute to The Great One.

And if the Mets sign all those guys, even without LeMahieu, they will challenge the Dodgers for the pennant in 2021 and seriously blow the Yankees out of the water in New York.

Which is a good thing, as it will be pretty much the only thing that will focus HAL on winning again.

Alphonso said...

This is a meaningless review. You didn't even mention Giancarlo Stanton.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.

Nitish Kumar said...

LOTTO, lottery,jackpot.
Hello all my viewers, I am very happy for sharing this great testimonies,The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how I win the lottery euro million mega jackpot. I am a Woman who believe that one day I will win the lottery. finally my dreams came through when I email believelovespelltemple@gmail.com and tell him I need the lottery numbers. I have spend so much money on ticket just to make sure I win. But I never know that winning was so easy until the day I meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, . so I decide to give it a try.I contacted this great Dr Believe and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws were out I was among winners. I win 30,000 million Dollar. Dr Believe truly you are the best, all thanks to you forever