Wednesday, November 18, 2020

The Gammoniites' push continues for Francisco Lindor

Every day, some self-quaranteening baseball nerd outlines a new fantasy deal in which the Yankees acquire Cleveland SS Francisco Lindor. 

Today's version comes via ESPN, which somehow - a Herculean effort in list-making - ranks every team in baseball, according to the likelihood of trading for Lindor. Every. Team. In. Baseball. Yikes. Was the Genome Project this complicated? The Yankees come in second... as usual. (No. 1: The Reds!) So, let's-

(THIS IS A SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM IT IS HIGH: 

(Before continuing, please sign off on the following disclaimer: "I understand that what I'm about to read is fifth-degree, APBA, Dopey Dildox, bogus crapola - as is the case with all cooked-up, crock-of-shit trade scenarios. Whatever the Yanks do, it won't be foreshadowed by Chris Berman or the blood moon. (This is not to denigrate blood moons.) I merely note that a: Aaron Boone used to be an ESPN analyst and b: bold predictions" come from people in North Korea who are paid by the sentence. So, on that note, proceed...)

Regarding Lindor: He is 27 and last year hit .258 for Cleveland with 8 HRs in 60 games. (He never missed a game - shades of Jeter?) In his last full season, 2019, Lindor hit .284 with 32 HRs; in previous years, he hit 38 and 33. He's considered a great fielder. Last year, he made one (1) error. (In 40 games, Gleyber Torres botched nine.) Lindor steals about 20 bases per season, is said to be a fine clubhouse presence, and he's entering his walk year, contractually. He'll make $19.7 M, and the Indians supposedly will not re-sign him next winter. Thus, they  are shopping him as a one-year rental. It's supposed to be a buyer's market - though I wonder.

For now, Cleveland is asking the world for Lindor. That's what they all do. Supposedly, they want three cheap starting players. Which brings us to the second-ranked Yankees: Depending on the matchmaker, a deal could involve: 

Clint Frazier, who the Yanks say they won't trade (but they might be posturing.)

Miguel Andujar, who, frankly, has no spot on the 2021 Yankees.

Clarke Schmidt and/or Deivi Garcia, because teams always want young pitchers.

Luke Voit, the 2020 HR King, whom the Yankees own through 2024.

Various lug nuts, the Ben Hellers and Anthony Volpes, who spackle the walls of every major trade. 

So, WTF? Here's my best guess:

Everything hinges on the Yanks re-signing DJ LeMahieu. If they do, he plays 1B, making Voit expendable. Voit, Andujar and a prospect? Remember: It's a one-year rental. 

The ensuing Yankee infield - Urshela, Lindor, Torres and LeMahieu - might be the best in baseball. That's not nothing. So... are we really No. 2? And will LeMahieu stay? 

4 comments:

Alphonso said...

It doesn't matter. Give them whoever they want. Back up the truck.

We have Giancarlo and we don't have LeMahieu.

The wild card play-in game awaits, if things go well.

HoraceClarke66 said...

I dread the idea of giving up Andujar. Granted, after missing most of the last two seasons, he's an unknown quality now.

But still. The guy is potentially a GREAT hitter.

And do we have enough outfielders without Frazier?

If we are going to deal Andujar and a pitcher, and re-sign LeMahieu, then we should deal Voit, for whom we won't have a place either.

But again, all this seems strange. We're contemplating trading last year's batting champ? And/or last year's home run champ? And not for the pitching we so vitally need?

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.

Nitish Kumar said...

LOTTO, lottery,jackpot.
Hello all my viewers, I am very happy for sharing this great testimonies,The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how I win the lottery euro million mega jackpot. I am a Woman who believe that one day I will win the lottery. finally my dreams came through when I email believelovespelltemple@gmail.com and tell him I need the lottery numbers. I have spend so much money on ticket just to make sure I win. But I never know that winning was so easy until the day I meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, . so I decide to give it a try.I contacted this great Dr Believe and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws were out I was among winners. I win 30,000 million Dollar. Dr Believe truly you are the best, all thanks to you forever