Monday, July 13, 2009

All-Star Break Just in Time

Normally, after being humiliated to the point of mass fan suicide, we do the honorable thing and lose at least three out of the next four.

This time, we have three days to mull over how rancid we played against the Angels.

Maybe we'll only lose two out of three.

Progress.

(NOTE: I apologize for the tone of this post. I want to be upbeat. I hate myself for this negativity. I'm lashing out at everyone -- even you, the reader, who has done nothing to warrant such harsh opinion. I'm just... FIVE MINUTES WITH AROD -- five minutes. That's all I want. Five minutes. I'll set him straight. I'll fix him. I don't know what the coaches tell him, but the things I say will leave some permanent impact craters on his subconscious mind. I will not sugarcoat. Nobody has ever called me an enabler. He will know exactly how I feel about grounding into doubleplays with the bases loaded and one out. FIVE MINUTES.)

No comments: