Wednesday, March 6, 2019

We Have Spring Training, Too.....

I will say this up front;  this is not official.

But for too long it has been ignored that the " deliverers of bad news" also have spring training.

So here is my latest news;

You have all heard by now, that Luis Severino, Yankee ace and number one starter, has been scratched from his latest scheduled start, due to arm soreness.

You also know that cheap Hal not only did not attempt to upgrade the team by adding either Manny or Bryce, bet he also refused to go after more than one starting pitcher ( knowing that Paxton has never held up for long, physically ).

So my report takes the form of posing a few questions to the fan base;

1.  Were you satisfied that " Severino was tipping pitches," as the explanation for his collapse in the second half of last season?

2.   Does it make sense that he was not tipping for the first half and, suddenly, changed everything in his motion so that the pitches were now pre-announced?

3.  How often has this ever occurred to an ace?  Wouldn't an injury be more likely for the drop-off in performance?

4.  He just signed a huge long term contract. Would he hide an injury to assure that event? Who wouldn't?  We are talking a lifetime of luxurious security.  And no one can challenge his veracity or candor.  To deny and obfuscate is a win win for any pro athlete....especially in baseball.

5. Is it possible that he was injured for the entire second half of last year, rested during the winter, and came back hoping the " problem had gone away? "

6. Is it not possible that the injury from last year was structural, that it has re-appeared ( despite the rest ) because it is structural, and that he will require surgery to correct the damage?

I'm just speculating.  But the Yankees never tell the truth until they have no choice.

Even though this is just " a warm up to the season," I can say this;

I have a bad feeling about this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

....."BUT THE YANKEES NEVER TELL THE TRUTH UNTIL THEY HAVE NO CHOICE."

TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN.

SORRY TO SAY, I HAVE THE SAME FEELING AS YOU.

TheWinWarblist said...

I like the use the bold type.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.