Sunday, March 24, 2019

You Could Be...Centerfield. (No, really. You could.)

With apologies to John Fogerty

Well-a beat the bushes and gimme the phone,
Another body went down today.
Get me Mike Tauchman, I'm sure he can play,
Startin' in CF, and battin' ninth.
It's any warm man I can find,
Anyone can fill the spot for me.

Ohhh...
Put him in, Boone, he's ready to play,
Today.
Put him in, Boone, do what I say,
Today.
He can be
Centerfield.

Well, I put Bubba out there in 2005,
Until he ran into Shef,
Cost us the pennant when we coulda had Beltran.
Before that I tried out Kenny Lofton,
And after, Terrence Long,
What on earth could possibly go wrong?

Ohhhh...
Put him in, Boone, he's going to play,
Opening Day.
Put him in, Boone, you gotta do whatever I say,
Everyday.
Yes, he will be
Centerfield.

Don't forget Greg Golson and Dewayne Wise,
And there was Melky Mesa, too.
Give me one Eury Perez and a Jabari Blash,
And come back, Shane, your time is now.

Ohhhh...
Put 'em all in, Boone, everyone can play,
Today.
Put 'em all in, Boone, don't matter to me,
They're free
In centerfield.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, please come back, Shane - - Shane SPENCER, that is - - we needs ya' now!! LB (No J).

Carl J. Weitz said...

Why don't Klapisch and King and a few more of their contemporaries just get on their knees and suck Cashman's cock already?

https://nypost.com/2019/03/24/mike-tauchman-scouting-report-did-yankees-get-another-steal/

HoraceClarke66 said...

King, especially. It's all so corrupt. They get access, so in return they sing his praises. Hurrah. If it were my newspaper I'd fire them both.

Well, we'll see. If you notice, Tauchman has probably taken up the juice. He had 1 HR playing full-time in Albuquerque in 2016 (and never more than 4 in a season before that), then 16 in fewer games in 2017, and 20 in fewer games in 2018. Plus, he suddenly sees to have grown an outfield arm, throwing out 12 baserunners in 2018.

That might help us in the short term. It also might get him caught and suspended.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.