Monday, April 13, 2020

In market-stabllizing move towards normalcy, Jose Canseco attacks A-Rod


Relax, everybody. The economy is dead, the virus is raging, tornadoes are ripping the south, but one great bellwether of American wacko-hubris remains stable: 

Jose Canseco still hates A-Rod.

This is baseball's version of the Tiger King, with a dollop of Sunset Boulevard. Imagine Canseco, now 55, pacing the concrete floor of his self-quarantine bunker, drinking Joe Weider protein shakes, zoom-chatting with Putin and Lenny Dykstra like super-villains plotting to kill Batman - and he still makes time to take a swing at our beloved national treasure.

These days, isn't everyone supposed to love A-Rod? Trump phoned him to talk about the virus. This weekend, he appeared on MSNBC, talking about about his love for baseball, his love for humanity, and his love for the last episode of Ozark. Nobody mentioned Jose.

My favorite part of their ongoing feud is Canseco's challenge to fight A-Rod in the Octagon. This, for me, is reason to live.

Thank you, sir.

11 comments:

TheWinWarblist said...

Good morning Commentariat! I remain hale and hearty, too heatry by two stone at least.

13bit said...

We're still here, Winnie!

Bad week to stop sniffing glue, but we're still here.

Ken of Brooklyn said...

Hey Gang, I'm still here, eating way through the mountain of rations in my fur lined Brooklyn fall out shelter. Be safe, and brace yourselves for the new normal!

Carl J. Weitz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carl J. Weitz said...

Glue? Where are you finding glue lately? Glue has been deemed non-essential except in the making of protective gear. Elmer and other industry giants have been commandeered by Trump under the Special War Powers Act to make only respirators and surgical masks until further notice.

13bit said...

some of us are making their own glue from the tendons of baby rats and fine perfume.

fun times in NYC these days....

TheWinWarblist said...

Fun times, fun times ...

HoraceClarke66 said...

I'm stuck in Virtual Reality where...it's not too bad. We're in second place.

At least I'm not in the one where the Yanks were bought by Herman Franks and moved to the Meadowlands.

13bit said...

Hoss, your virtual games are a high point of my days here.

Beauregard Jackson Pickett Burnside said...

Oooh that chuckle made me feel good. Thanks Jose.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...



I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.