Thursday, April 9, 2020

Virtual Game 12: Streaking Yanks Rally to Top O's, 9-8. Stanton Begins to "Freak Out" Teammates.

The Virtual New York Yankees today completed a stirring comeback with a three-run 9th inning, topped off by Gio Urshela's two-run single through the infield, to edge Baltimore.

It was the 6th straight win for the 8-4 Yanks against the O's this season.  Urshela also contributed several outstanding plays in the field, Gleyber Torres added an inside-the-park home run, and new left fielder Miguel Andujar threw two Orioles out at the plate, as the Yanks rallied from an 8-3 deficit.

The only sour spot came in the early innings, when the Yankees' search for a viable No. 4 starter again went awry, as "Johnny Lasagna" was battered by the Birds, surrendering 6 earned runs.  Only standout relief from Tommy Kahnle, Chad Greene, Zack(h) Britton, and "Sweats" Chapman made the New York comeback possible.

Meanwhile, several Yankees reported anonymously that rehabilitating slugger Giancarlo Stanton was beginning to "freak us out" with his frequent chants of "Dairy is murder!" and his extended meditation sessions, in which he kept chanting "Om!  Om!"

Several thought he might be trying out a new kind of PED, and were eager to know what it was.

5 comments:

ranger_lp said...

DMT?

Platoni said...

This was a good comeback win. I still think they'll get crushed to a pulp once they play some good teams.

Anonymous said...

AP - Seoul South Korea- Robot Umpire Kills Manager

An early attempt to utilize robot umpires went awry today when the manager of the Seoul Trains, Kim Kim, was reduced to a pile of ashes by the home plate umpire. When interviewed after the game the AI umpire stormed out with out answering a single question saying only, "I'll be back"

Doug K.

HoraceClarke66 said...

This is truly shocking, Doug K. We have to stop RoboUmps from coming to the U.S.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...



I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.