Sunday, April 5, 2020

Virtual Game 9: Higgy Hits Pole, Gets Win for Cole. Stanton Released (From Hospital).

Back-up catcher Kyle Higashioka hit his first home run of the 2020 virtual campaign today, an opposite field shot that just grazed the foul pole in right field, to secure a 3-2 win for Gerrit Cole, the pitcher's first win at home as a Yankee.


Aroldis Chapman was on the verge of getting the save, but his excessive sweating covered him so completely in liquid that he was ejected from the game for throwing a spitball.  Zack(h) Britton(Britain) then finished off the ninth for his first save of the year.

Giancarlo Stanton was released from the hospital, if not the Yankees, today.  While he was in a wheelchair per hospital regulations, he was simultaneously bench pressing three nurses with each hand.





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA...

I LIKE IT, HOSS...

HIGGY HITS POLE.

STANTON RELEASED FROM HOSPITAL.

THAT CHECK SWING IN BP REALLY LEVELED HIM.

HoraceClarke66 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer Croissant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
el duque said...

I think I speak for everybody: Get well, Giancarlo!

TheWinWarblist said...

Jennifer. That's not a monkey. That's Krazy Kat from Ignatz and Krazy Kat. The object hitting Krazy Kat's cranium is a brick that was lovingly/angrily hurled by Ignatz. Bitty and I are connected, you see, by our avatars.

I love you Ignatz!

TheWinWarblist said...

Whoa!! Whoa!! Settle down ALLCAPS!!

JM said...

Sounds like Pauline Hickey was also grazing the four pole.

Platoni said...

So, they go out there and finally spend some money on a great pitcher, then only give him a measly two-run support?! Man, these guys will get flattened come November (if they even make it there).

Isiyku Abdulahi said...



I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.