Friday, April 3, 2020

Virtual Off-Day: Stanton Recovering Well in Tampa Hospital.

As the 4-3 Yankees enjoyed their second off-day of the young virtual season, slugger Giancarlo Stanton was reportedly well on the way to recovery from food poisoning in a Tampa hospital.

Stanton, who was sickened after eating a suspicious chorizo in Tampico, Mexico, is now bench pressing at least four ICU nurses at a time, according to a hospital source.

Doctors consulting on his case, meanwhile, explained at a briefing that, "We think now it's not so much the chorizo, as the churro he picked up.

"And not so much the churro, by itself a delectable treat of fried dough, sugar and/or cinnamon, but the nearly irresistible, chocolate or caramel sauce in which it is dipped."

The doctors then left the press conference to buy some churros.

6 comments:

Urban Farmer formerly known as DutchFan said...

May I say that I look forward to the virtual gameday report as it is the highlight of my quarantined day. It is brilliant.
Especially the follow-ups on Mr Stanton are very much appreciated.

The only thing missing one might think are the videos of the condensed games. It would be a three hours thrill seeing our lineup not gettong to bat. To not see the warm-up tosses of our ace Gerrit and to not see Sanchez pass both gas and a ball.
One may argue that it might be like the current situation but I beg to differ. Looking at a recorded nothing beats imagining it

Beauregard Jackson Pickett Burnside said...

Important new bulletin: https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-suzyn-waldman-gerrit-cole-anthem-20200402-hbbm6h35hfdjlgrvgtjpv3meim-story.html

Platoni said...

Don't listen to the complainers, Giancarlo. It was probably one of these ill-wishers that slipped that spoiled sauce onto your churros.

I, for one, cannot wait to see you on the field. That beautiful swing, sharp and smart, arcing through the air, unimpeded by ball. Perfect!

HoraceClarke66 said...

Pretty funny, Platoni!

Urban Farmer, thanks for the nice words! Like one of those fireplace shows, huh?

How are you getting on over there? How is The Netherlands handling this?

Good to hear from you.

Unknown said...

I do look forward to these every day. And I LOVE the Stanton injury woes updates.

I’m playing a season on MLB The Show and I can report the Yankees right now are 5-0, including a 13-2 blowout of BAL where Judge hit 3 HR with 10 RBI.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...



I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.