Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Saturday, August 21, 2010

I Am Javy, I'm Your Martyr



due a return to Javy's default status the lyrics to this tune have been rewritten

The season's long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows where
But I'm not strong
Not strong enough to carry them
I am Javy, I'm your martyr
So on we go
Yank welfare is not my concern
A burden I cannot bear
We may not get there
For I know
Lots of run support will not be of help me
I am Javy, I'm your martyr
If I'm laden at all
I'm laden with weakness
Just as everyone thought
I would pitch and cause bleakness
like I did before in 2004
It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on the way to there
Be aware
I can't shoulder the load
I'll weigh you down, you'll fall
Cause I am Javy, I'm your martyr
I Am Javy
I am Javy, I'm your martyr

No comments: