Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Letter to the Editor: Apology requested, apology given


The Syracuse Post Standard

August 15, 2010 

To the Editor:


I am a lifelong Yankee fan. I have been watching every Yankee game to see A-Rod hit his 600th home run. I missed it because of an error in the sports section Aug. 4. You said the Toronto vs. Yankee game was at 7 p.m. In reality it was an afternoon game, and A-Rod hit his 600th home run in the first inning. I found out when I got an e-mail from the Yankees about 2 p.m.

This mistake may seem insignificant to you, but to a true Yankee fan, I feel there should have been an apology in your paper Aug. 5.

Michael D. Colucy, Syracuse

Editor's note:It certainly wasn't insignificant to us. Our sports department missed seeing the home run, too, because of that mistake. We goofed, and for that we're truly sorry.

No comments: