Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Monday, August 23, 2010

Letter to the Editor: Yankees come through again!

St. Petersburg Times (Florida)

August 15, 2010 Sunday

Dear Editor,

I had the opportunity to spend the weekend of July 30 to Aug. 1 in St. Petersburg to watch the Rays-Yankees series. I stayed at the Courtyard just off Ulmerton Road.

During my stay we went to the Chick-fil-A, Taco Bell and the McDonald's on Ulmerton, and of course, several stops inside Tropicana Field. I was so impressed with everybody in these establishments. Everybody seemed happy to be doing their job, not the "normal" fast food employees I have dealt with.

Thanks to St. Pete and hope to see you again!

Monte Meyers, Wetumpka, Ala.

1 comment:

I'm Bill White said...

I'd hate to be the maid at that hotel.