Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Thames, They Are A-Changin': 10 possible new calls for John

Last night, John unveiled his new Marcus Thames call: HAPPY THAMES ARE HERE AGAIN. (See J-Reese, below.)

Thames = Times! Of course! Genius. Brilliant. Yankovickian!

10 New Possibilities

1. ZOMBIES
What's your name, who's your daddy?
Is he rich like me?
Has he taken any Thames,
To show you what you need to know.
Tell it to me slowly
I really want to know.
It's the Thames of the Season for loving.

2. CHAMBERS BROS
Now the Thames has come (THAMES)There are things to realize (THAMES)
Thames has come today (THAMES)
Thames has come today (THAMES!)

3. GREEN DAY
It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the Thames of your life...

4. CROCE
If I could save Thames in a bottle,The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
Till Eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you...

5. LAUPER
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Thames after Thames...If you fall I will catch you--I'll be waiting
Thames after Thames...

6. BOGIE
You must remember this
A kiss is just a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh.
The fundamental things apply
As Thames goes by...

7. ROCKY HORROR
The blackness would hit me and the void would be calling
Let's do the Thames warp again...
Let's do the Thames warp again!

8. JAGGER
Tha-a-a-i-mes is on my side.
Yes he is!

9. SIMON
Thames, Thames, Thames!
See what's become of me!
As I look back on all of my possibilities...

10. SEMISONIC
Closing Thames!
Thames for you to go out to the places you will be from
Closing Thames...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot Midnote Oil:

The Thames has come
To say fair's fair
To pay the rent
To pay our share

The Thames has come
A fact's a fact
It belongs to them
Let's give it back

How can we dance when our earth is turning
How do we sleep while our beds are burning
Four wheels scare the cockatoos
From Kintore East to Yuendemu
The western desert lives and breathes
In forty five degrees

(WTF?)

David Ballela said...

there's also dustin time/thames by bennett/buble