Wednesday, September 15, 2010

El Duque Sleeps While Tampa Burns

I am appreciative of El Duque's effort last night. He swore himself to sleep with the game tied, albeit he was packing his sports channel ( MLB ) phone update service ( see image of El Duque nodding off, at right ).


I'm a bit surprised he didn't launch his reverse JuJu after Tampa scored 7 to take the lead in the fifth inning.
That's what I did, but I am the master.

So here is what we have learned:

A. Without Swisher's walk-off HR of about two weekends ago, and without Jorge's 10th inning pinch hit HR, and without M. Rivera, we would now be on a 0-9 run.

B. The Ivan Nova miracle is now history. Maybe he is suited for long relief. His last two starts have wobbled greatly once the opposition was into their second time through the batting order with him.

C. We need Pettitte and CC and AJ to be at their best when the bell rings. Otherwise, we'll all be going to bed early, angry and often.

D. I'm still worried.

E. I hate to reveal methodology, but getting really drunk on Crown Royal Black can be an equally effective diversion to sleep.

And, once asleep, you stay in bed much longer.

2 comments:

el duque said...

You're right. I should have fired off a supressive round of juju before the fifth inning even began. I was taken by surprise. Rookie blunder after so many years.

Joe De Pastry said...

Totally agree with B, C, D.
Except I never give up.
If they get behind 8-0 I might switch over to South Park while the bad guys are up, but I always stay up and switch back. If the Rockies can come back from 10-1 why can't we?
A couple of grand slams and we're right back in the ballgame. Just don't let A-Roid get one; he's too close to Gehrig's record.