Friday, December 11, 2015

About Getting Younger….



I'll start off by saying;  it ain't happening for me or anyone I know.

But the Yankee's front office is gloating with new evidence that the roster is getting younger.  All well and good.  Merry gloating.

They could get much younger still by chopping the old, "so 1980's," dead-legged, over-paid and dead armed players, and stuffing the roster with Yankee prospects from AAA and AA.

In either case, what Brian Cashman and his toadies have missed is this;  Getting younger isn't worth Dick if the players who are making you younger, suck.

 Even more, can you really include the ages of recently acquired players that are not even targeted for the big club?  And how do you calculate on your, "getting younger," actuarial tables the likelihood that these guys will be 36 by the time anyone thinks they can play at the MLB level?

I was stunned to hear that the latest trade was to, "re-stock the starting arms for Scranton."  Seriously, are you shitting me?  Scranton is already suffocating from crappy arms and now we add two more.  But younger?

 Maybe I misread the Yankee claim;  maybe their goal all along was to make the minor league franchise younger, given that most people at Scranton, for example, are already career minor league players in their 30's who, at most, have had a cup of coffee with a real team somewhere.

The ratings on these new guys  from Detroit is like the rating on Lehman Bros. the day of the crash.  Falling precipitously and headed for bankruptcy.

Can you imagine GEORGE'S REACTION to the news that his GM just traded our most reliable, left-handed set-up guy for two nobodies, in order to re-stock our minor league system?  And to make the average age of a worthless group younger?

Can someone tell me what the "F" is going on?

Time for a shot of tequila and a juicy lime.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DEAD ON...THAT JUSTIN WILSON TRADE IS A DISASTER, NO WAY AROUND IT......AND CASHMAN HAS TO BE TAKEN TO TASK ON IT!.... BUT THIS DEAL WILL BE FORGOTTEN IN A YEAR FROM NOW JUST LIKE THE COUNTLESS CRAP DEALS AND DECISIONS MADE BY CASHMAN OVER HIS TENURE....LIKE I KEEP REPEATING, DEALS LIKE THE ONE HE JUST MADE ARE THE CHIEF REASON THE YANKEES ARE FALLING ALL OVER THEMSELVES THE LAST 5 YEARS.....BUT SMILE EVERYONE!...WE KEEP GETTING YOUNGER!

JM said...

This team is torture. And that's being too tough on torture.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.