Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Jake Cave could be coming home

In December, when the Yankees lost 23-year-old CF Jake Cave in the Rule 5 draft to Cincinnati, it stung but didn't fester. We had a log-jam of young outfielders, even riding the bus to Scranton. But now, with Mason Williams still missing in action, and Slade Heathcott having a horror show of a spring, we are down to stems and seeds, and it would be nice to see Cave returning.

And it could happen.  

Cave is still hanging on with the Reds - batting .267 with a HR - but he's tailed off lately, he strikes out too much, he hasn't yet stolen a base, and unless the Reds are punting on 2016 - not an inconceivable strategy - it doesn't look like he'll last the entire year with the MLB team... in which case, he has to return to the Yankees.

Years ago, Ivan Nova was plucked by San Diego in the draft, but he couldn't throw strikes. What ever happened to that guy?

1 comment:

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.