Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Monday, March 28, 2016

YAWN

I was all set to do a dissertation on yesterdays game, where the Yankees, " Trotted out starting 9 in opening preview, " per the Daily News headline, when El Duque pre-empted me.

I will say one thing.  I was overcome with ennui.

It was painful to watch.  I felt as though someone was adding layers of cement bags to my chest, with each pitch.

Other than Nathan's collapse at the end of 5 innings ( just like last year ), there was nothing to watch.

I seriously don't even remember if anyone got a hit, scored a run, or made a play.

It was like my eyes froze and my brain went blank.

I have since finished half a bottle of Crater Lake Vodka.

I feel better now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEP....WE GOT A BUNCH OF SOLID 5 INNING PITCHERS.....REMEMBER THIS NAME, BECAUSE WE JUST THREW AWAY WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN AN INTERESTING EFFECTIVE STRATEGY TO CURE OUR 5 INNING PROBLEM.........THAT NAME IS JUSTIN WILSON....I DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF HE'S GETTING BANGED AROUND IN SPRING TRAINING.....THAT GUY HAD CLOSER STUFF....HE WAS REAL GOOD, AND GOT LEFTIES AND RIGHTIES OUT......BUT 'OL CASH HAD TO GIVE HIM AWAY FOR A COUPLE OF "LIVE ARMS" THAT ARE TRIPLE A BOUND.....NOW THE CHAPMAN TRADE WON'T BE AS EFFECTIVE AS IT COULD HAVE BEEN WITH WILSON ALSO INCLUDED IN THE PEN.......IT'S A SONOFABITCH.

Alphonso said...

I am with you on Wilson.

Chapman will be fine after his suspension, after his re-habilitation, and as soon as they permit " open carry" of handguns at the stadium.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.