Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Saturday, August 20, 2016

And raise you a Quarter....

Everyone knows that I am highly negative in my views toward, well, everything.

So now I am concerned that Austin and Judge are done.  Last game, 0-4 and 0-5.   Judge struck out twice and Austin once.

Well, you say," first road trip; first west coast swing; they aren't going to hit .500.  No 7 days and 7 home runs."

I have a bad feeling that neither of them is going to see a fastball for a while.  That's what killed my major league aspirations...couldn't hit this breaking balls.  Never really saw a worthy knuckleball.

"  It's only one damn game, " you say again.  They will hit today."

"Austin tagged one last night, but right at somebody.  Right at the wall."

I know.  But just as that broken bat blooper appears as a hit in the box score the next day, so does the rocket shot appear as an out.

Everyone on the Yankees was going yard, last night, off Weaver.  Not Judge.  Not Austin.

And then there is Mr. Sanchez.

Strength up the middle is a formula for long term success.  Now we need a centerfielder who can rake and a few more Tanakas.

Why are they not bring up Gampel?  Is that his name?  The guy who always hits .300 and the Yankees ignore?  Not to mention the elephant in the room ( Refsnyder).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alphonso--we need to dethrone you as King of the Tiny Sample Size. Bernie Williams struck out five times in a game in his first season--he worked out pretty well, didn't he? Willie Mays went 0-5 in his first game and began the season 1-26. I don't have to remind you about Mantle's rocky beginning, including his dispatch back to the minors.

There are so many REAL problems you could be wailing about--no need to pile on the nonissues.

Anonymous said...

You are missing the real problem---CASHMAN.... He doesn't bring up the real talent, but rather those he wants to bring up. He wants to show what great trades he made, or scrap heap finds he made, in order to impress young Hal.
It would make the most sense if Cashman was sent to Syria or Somalia...

joe de pastry said...

But Aaron Hicks got two hits last night, raising him to .004 above The Line.
Always look on the bright side of life!

Anonymous said...

JARED WEAVER WAS THROWING 68 MPH CRAP.....JUDGE AND AUSTIN WERE PROBABLY CONFUSED...LOL.....WELL, THE ENCOURAGING THING ABOUT OUR KIDS IS SEEING THEM HIT THE BALL TO THE OPPOSITE FIELD (JUDGE TOO)..... REGARDLESS OF HOW HE DOES, SIT BACK AND RELAX ALPHONSO, WE MUST TROT JUDGE OUT THERE ALMOST EVERY SINGLE GAME FROM NOW TO THE END OF THE SEASON AND BEYOND......AND HOPE HE ADJUSTS TO THE SLOW SHIT....I THINK HE CAN....HANG TOUGH .

Alphonso said...

I know. I know. I keep hoping that if I embarrass myself with ridiculous negativity, it will help.

Success at my expense is fine.

Anonymous said...

BASE HIT THE OTHER WAY FOR JUDGE LAST NIGHT!...2 RBI'S!...THERE IS SOLID HOPE ALPHONSO!.... (DON'T WORRY ABOUT AUSTIN, HE'S THE GRAVY....WITH SANCHEZ AND JUDGE, WE JUST HAVE TO PRAY BIRD COMES BACK STRONG)....

JM said...

Sanchez, Bird and Judge as the middle of next year's lineup makes me want to burn through the intervening months as quickly as possible. This is no small thing, considering the limited number of months stretching before me until the Big Closer takes the mound.

Of course, it's also a great excuse to spend many of the dark and dreary autumnal and winter hours ahead under the influence of the OH group.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.