Thursday, February 21, 2008

Other disturbing A-Rod exaggerations to investigative reporters

Yesterday, Alex "A-Rod" Rodriguez claimed he was tested 9 or 10 times last year for drugs -- a lie. Fortunately, top investigative journalists nailed the scheming bastard. Caught like a rat, he recanted later, with this statement.

My quote from earlier today was taken literally. I was not tested nine or 10 times last year. I was just using exaggeration to make a point. My intent was simply to shed light on the fact that the current program being implemented is working, and a reason for that is through frequent testing. I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.”

Yeah. Right. You bet, Mr. "9-or-10." Like you've got "9 or 10" World Series rings, eh?

Darn it! This is not the first time A-Rod has been caught in some serious "B.S." We dug out some of his past "apologies."

JUNE 18: “I’m sorry if I misled reporters today. Though I was very hungry, several of you have rightfully proven that I cannot claim that I could “eat a horse.” Also, I realize that to eat a horse would take days, not one meal. I regret any confusion I caused.”

AUG. 21: “I made a mistake today. I did not mean to imply that Redsock players abuse cocaine when I said they were “grasping at straws.” I see how the reference would naturally make someone think I was referring to drugs, but that was not my intention. I wish to apologize to the Redsocks and all currently in drug rehabilitation.”

SEPT. 1: “Let me state firmly that I do not own barnyard animals. I have nothing against them, but I do not own them. Please stop calling local Humane Societies. Today, I made a grievous error when I suggested that I would bring home “the bacon.” This was not to be taken as a reference to hogs or pigs, or an attempt to provoke the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Thank you for understanding.”

SEPT. 18: “I do not smoke marijuana. I guess I got a little off-line today when I suggested that the Yankees might sweeten “the pot” in contract talks. I was not suggesting in any way that they would deal drugs, nor was I urging them to coat marijuana with a more effective drug, such as horse tranquilizer. Which goes back to my apology in June. Let me repeat: I do not eat horses. Good grief, I've apologized 20 or 30 times."

No comments: