Friday, January 1, 2010

My Acceptance Speech as Yankee IT IS HIGH Blogger of the Decade

Wow! This statue is heavier than I expected! (Laughter... shouts of "We love you!")

I love you too!

(Applause. Chanting of name.)

This was completely unexpected. To be honest, when I saw my name up there, listed with the others, well, just to be nominated, it was incredible.


(Shout of, "You're incredible!" Followed by applause.)


I want to thank the little people who helped me get here. There are just too many names to list, and I don't want to leave anyone out, so I won't even try. (Applause. Female shouts, "I want your baby!")

I'll be in room 323. (Applause.)

Mostly, I want to thank you, the general public. And God. I want to thank God. And everybody. (Music starts to play.) This is incredible! I AM THE KING OF THE BLOG. THANK YOU, EVERYBODY! YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL, EVERY ONE OF YOU!

24 comments:

Rufus T. Firefly said...

8:04 a.m.?

Just getting in?

Whitey Fraud said...

http://bit.ly/75P4ky

el duque said...

Whitey,

When I mentioned the little people, I was thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Fix.

el duque said...

Anonymous,

I mentioned you too.

Anonymous said...

Fixed, anonymous got outvoted in the final day by 13?

dadlak said...

Seeing pictures of the two candidates obviously swayed late voters with bod winning over bag.

She-Fan said...

Congratulations. Will you use your landslide to get the health care bill passed?

el duque said...

It was the little people who did it. Someone put the word out that I was in trouble, and it spread like wildfire across the land.

It's a wonderful blog.

Stang said...

This is such bullshit.

el duque said...

Superfrankenstein,

I wanted to mention you specifically, but I couldn't think of the right words. Let this message now convey my gratitude to you and yours. All the best. From the bottom of my heart, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Lee Atwater said...

Congrats Duque. Great Job!

unanimous said...

Horseshit.

el duque said...

I wish I could come to each of your homes and thank you personally, but only Anonymous can do that.

Gringo Starr said...

Degrading and demeaning = duque

Jim Leyritz said...

Wanna go for a ride?

el duque said...

Mrs. Robinson, are you trying to seduce me?

Anonymous said...

So you admit I'm the more capable and qualified candidate. Thanks. When will you admit to stuffing the ballot box ?

dadlak said...

I'll admit to stuffing the ballot box - four times from four different computers. Duque! Duque! Duque! Duque! (Also Alphonso, Superfrank and Wailin' Suzyn)

el duque said...

That's the trouble with you, Anonymous. You're a sore loser, and everybody knows.

Whitney Fraud said...

So Deadhead is an el Douchebag acolyte. Lovely.

dadlak said...

Derek Jeter isn't the only amazing human being in the Yankiverse.

Jeb Bush said...

Way to go, buddy!

Katherine Harris said...

Call me Duke!