Saturday, February 18, 2017

Saturday at the beach links

Well, that didn't take long... One day - one goddamm day - after we get giggly over the absence of Yankee injuries, Tyler Austin goes out for six weeks with a busted twinkle toe. He fouled one off in batting practice. My first thought was that it must have happened two weeks ago, and Cashman kept it a secret, and it's why we signed Chris Carter, and isn't it great to have a diabolical villain running the franchise? Apparently, no. It happened this week. Bummer for the Baby Bombers marketing plan. We've seen this movie before: Kid turns up, kid impresses everyone, kid gets hurt, kid goes to rural Pennsylvania, killing teens in hockey mask. 

Not only that, but Mason Williams will miss two weeks with a flare up of the shoulder issues that knocked him out last summer. Bad juju, folks, bad juju. I should have kept my mouth shut. My bad. I just didn't think the juju gods would be so petty that they would take it out on innocent kids. I guess I had more respect for them. But that's okay. Better to know what kind of narrow-minded, vindictive, shabbily dressed fate entities we're dealing with. I myself wouldn't be able to sleep at night, knowing what I've done to a fine young man like Williams. I guess some juju gods simply have no self-respect. Sad.

Speaking of injuries, Slade Heathcott is the latest ex-Yankee to turn up with the Bay Area Bombers - aka the Giants, which are run by ex-Yankees (Brian Sabean, Dick Tidrow, Dave Righetti. Bam Bam Meulens, etc.) I still think Slade the Grenade will scrape out a middling major league career. Wasn't long ago that he was our future Josh Hamilton - the flawed, superhuman talent forged from a hellish childhood. Made a great narrative. Then came the injuries. Guy used to run into walls, fight entire teams. I wish him luck. 

Yankees go cheap in arbitration hearings against Dellin Betances. They are playing nickel and dime with a career Yankee, ripping into him in front of a glorified CPA, in order to save a few pennies on a $220 million  payroll. He wants $5 million. They offered $3 million. Does anyone here have an idea of how a compromise could be worked out? WTF? They're going to chisel a million from a critical bullpen lug nut, a week after signing Chris "Swing and Miss" Carter? Between the juju gods and the front office, we are in serious trouble, peeps. Excuse me while I go ponder the Irritable Bowel Syndrome lady. The devil can assume a pleasing form...




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's hope the juju gods can Make The Yankees Great Again.

13bit said...

The juju gods are on a raft, paddling towards Havana.

Stang said...

The so-called arbitration judge ruled against Betances. Very bad decision, folks. Very bad.

Anonymous said...

I think the ju-ju gods are taking it out on us, because of the moronic misanthropes who alledgedly run the Yankees "like a fine-tuned machine".
Everything is going great, folks: Chaos?? What chaos??
Tomorrow, the dishonest suck-ups will say I'm ranting & raving - - you wait - - I'm not ranting and raving, I'm enjoying myself.... LB (No J)

Anonymous said...

I BELIEVE IT IS A "WELL-OILED" MACHINE anonymous.....ANYWAY, WHAT A DISASTER THIS BETANCES SITUATION IS!..... OUR FRONT OFFICE IS NOT "A WELL-OILED" MACHINE FOR SURE..... HAL, LEVINE, AND CASHMAN ARE LEVELING US!

Anonymous said...

I will check my DVR tonight, A-C, but I believe the original quote was "fine-tuned machine", if I'm not mistaken....
To take up your metaphor, though, all the oil has leaked out of the Yankee's machinery, and it's grinding like all hell. LB (No J)

Anonymous said...

Looked up the original quote, A-C, and it was "running like a fine-tuned machine"....finely-tuned by a bunch of lunatics, is what he failed to mention. LB (No J)

Anonymous said...

OK anonymous.... COULD HAVE SWORN IT WAS "WELL-OILED"...... WELL, THE PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATION DIDN'T GET ANYTHING DONE FOR THE ECONOMY WITH ALL THE MILLIONAIRES IN CHARGE......SO WHY NOT TRY OUT THE BILLIONAIRES NOW, RIGHT?

Anonymous said...

Wrong. That is going to compound the problem times ten, at least; most of these are people who never think of anyone except themselves and their rich friends.

The Citizens United decision was the crappiest one to come out of the Roberts court, and it is at the root of the problem: instead of one person, one vote, now we have, one dollar, one vote. Not good. Just my view, A-C. We shall see, in time.... LB (No J)

Anonymous said...

OF COURSE, RICH PEOPLE DON'T HAVE THE CAPACITY TO MAKE IMPORTANT DECISIONS FOR THE WELL BEING OF THE COUNTRY...... I SEE...... WELL, WE WILL FIND OUT....HOPE WE ARE ALL PULLING FOR ALL OF THEM....WE ALL ARE, AREN'T WE ????????????

Anonymous said...

Let's just say their track-record, to date, isn't worth a damn....if the past is a predictor of the future, we're all screwed....and I didn't say they didn't have the capacity - - what I pointed out is a matter of attitude, not capacity (although many of 'em lucked into inheritances, through no merit of their own) LB (No J)

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.