Sunday, February 5, 2017

Big Game Tonight sausage links

You're probably too young to remember John Glenn's first space flight, and how the entire world collectively held it's breath for a two-minute stretch during re-entry, when radio communication broke off between Mission Control and the tiny craft. I was pray-to-God terrified.

Well, this is baseball's version of that brief blackout. Nothing is happening. For a while, the only news worth your attention will be informative captions on the SI swimsuit edition. In a week, we'll be hearing about how Dellin Betances' dog has ringworm, and learning of Brett Gardner's Oscar picks.

Until then, here are today's links, made of turkey.

Wither goest Dustin Ackley? To the west. The Anaheim, California Angels of Los Angeles... or the LA LA Lambs. The great preservationist, Ann Gorsuch-Burford, once called environmental regulations a "nothing burger." Well, that's what Ackley was with the Yankees. You can't rip a guy for getting hurt (unless it's Henry Cotto, and be busts an eardrum with a Q-tip.) In his brief Yankee career - 113 at bats - The Ack hit 4 HR and batted .283. Guys have done worse, though Jose Ramirez, whom we gave up along with Ramon Flores, has become a serviceable, 26-year-old bullpen lugnut. Bad deal. Oh, well...

When will Oswaldo Cabrera reach The Show? You're dying to know. Here are MLB ETA projections for a bunch of prospects, most of whom you will never hear of again. Optimistically, the most likely possibility - never - isn't mentioned.

Big game tonight. Actually, this afternoon.  Grrr.



3 comments:

Stang said...

How can you plug the Puppy Bowl when John Sterling is on the Kitten Bowl?

el duque said...

I thought the Kitten Bowl is the halftime show? I figured that made him Lady JohnJohn, which is demeaning. The Master IS the show.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.